SavedAs From?

Would anybody else get any use out of a tag refering to the document that was used through SaveAs to create a document. Enabling you to search for assemblies and drawings that the origional part was used in also.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I would find something similiar very useful.

I have a habit of creating detailed models of OEM products (pumps, values, etc), then to improve performance, I convert them to Parasoild and back to a "dumb" SW part. Sometimes I forget to name the "smart" model corectly, and if I ever have to update the "dumb" model, I can't find the original.

Reply to
Ray Reynolds

I have come up with a way of doing this. I run an event watching macro and add a coment into the summary info. Each time a file has been savedAs. I am not sure how to handle the SaveAsCopy though since I had to use _PostNotify because otherwise if someone canceled a SaveAs it would add it to the origional file. There is room for improvement but it is a quick start.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich