Selection Help Needed

Help!

I got shown how to do this in training the other week and I can't remember how to do it.

I have drawn a cylindrical part which has various internal diameters running throughout it's length. I am trying to do a face fillet between differing ID's.

I can't pick the internal faces due to the outside external face getting in the way. I was shown away of setting the external face to be ingnored allowing me to pick the internal faces.

This I can't remember how to do and I am hoping someone can jog my memory how to do it. I have been flicking through the training book (Solidworks) but I can't see anything to help me.

Can someone enlighten me please?

Cheers David

Reply to
David

Right Mouse Button, Select Other (allows you to cycle through all the faces under the cursor arrow)

Was that what you were shown?

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Or, maybe what you saw was setting the outside surface to transparent so you could pick through it easier.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne

Think you might be onto it -- Isn't there also an Option to toggle the selection behaviour through transparent faces?

(Just going out, can't chase this up for now)

Reply to
Andrew Troup

Yes. Tools/Options/Display/Selection/Enable selection through transparency.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany