Service Pack Question ?

We are considering a switch from SolidEdge to Solidworks and noted the
service packs that are generated througout a bversion year. If we buy in
later in the year can we justinstall the latest update or do we need to
install them sequentially as they were released ?
Reply to
Wonderman
In recent years, all SolidWorks service packages have been standalone upgrades to the current install. There's no need to re-install, or install a whole series of upgrades at once.
Matt
fcsuper
Thanks.
Reply to
Wonderman
Whenever you buy SW you will generally get the latest version on the disk. If you purchase the subscription service you have nothing to worry about.
IMHO you actually want to wait till at least SP 3 or later when purchasing SW new due to the general trend for software to be not quite ready for the big time on the first release. I would suspect this is true of SE, Inventor and anything else also.
TOP
Reply to
TOP
I had watched a friend do a SP and I recall it being named 0.0 - 2.2 and another recently 2.2 - 3.0 which prompted my question. I presume the latter is OK to get to the 3.0 SP ?
Reply to
Wonderman
You just tell it that you are starting with SP0 and it will give you the 0-3 update.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany