Smart Components limitation? Template

i am using smart components and want to template parts to have this.

so i design machine simple parts rect blocks with tapped cbore ans clearnce holes tried to set up the template files with smart components and it doesnt seem to work it all comes thru but once it have been renamed and inserted it doesnt work

Anyone have luck with this. This is a great tool it just needs to be added to template files

Reply to
ryanhay

dam my typing is bad. let me make this clear.

i am starting to use smart components and want to use smart components as template parts.

we design machined simple parts, rect. blocks, tapped cbore holes and clearance holes

I have tried to set up the template files with smart components and it doesnt seem to work it all comes thru but once it has been renamed and inserted into the assembly it doesnt work

Anyone have luck with this. This is a great tool it just needs to be added to template files.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
ryanhay

How are you renaming the files? If you're using Windows Explorer, that's probably your first problem. Smart Components have a lot of external references (top-down design) and renaming files will break these references. I've never tried renaming Smart Components, but I would imagine that SW Explorer can handle this - assuming this is the problem.

Steve O

Reply to
SteveO