Smart components populate upwards from sub assy

Hi

Anyone know if it is possible for smart components in a sub assembly to have their smart features work in the main assembly? I have some parts that work fine when inserted into the main assembly on their own but SW will not allow the smart features to be inserted when the components are in a sub assembly. (The menu items are greyed out or not available) eg

Main assy >part1 >>>subassy1 >part2(Smart)

part2 should make a hole in part1. It doesn't seem to work, but does if part1 is inserted directly. Unfortunately this isn't possible as it is a sub assembly of a pcb that I wanted the front panel components to automatically create holes etc.

Any help appreciated

Rich

ps. SW2006: SP3

Reply to
Rich Thompson

I find the same limitation.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Dale

thanks for confirming the issue. I really hope this gets addressed in SW07

Rich

Reply to
Rich Thompson