SolidWorks Office Pro alternative

Hello, I understand that this might not be the right place to ask this question.
Can anyone recommend an alternative software package to SolidWorks
Office Pro? I would like to take a look at the alternatives before making a choice. Ideally, the features should be about the same.
Thank you, David
Not knowing what you are trying to do with it I came up with this list:
SolidWorks basic. DBWorks or other PDM system NEiWorks Maxwell Some API programming experience
This may cost more up front, but to a large extent it frees you from the cycle of maintanance payments. .