Solidworks Part (or Sketch) to XYZ Text File

Is there an efficient way to export xyz coordinates from a part (or sketch) to a text file? I need the xy points at discreet z coordinates for an in house grid generator so that I can do a cfd analysis on the part. Any suggestions or solutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
forrest

Have you considered the STL format?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

No, I haven't. I will check into that. Thanks

Reply to
forrest

I looked at STL format, but I don't think it is really going to give me what I want. What I would like is the same number of x,y points at different z locations of the part. The more I look at this, the more I think that getting this right of the bat is near impossible.

Reply to
forrest