Splines

Solidworks 2007 Sp3

I am tring to spline 50 points in a 2d sketch. Solidworks is arbitrarily stopping the spline before I can finish it, is this a known bug? Other guys in my office have had the same problem. Making the spline in several pieces and then craeting a Fit Spline may not give me the correct curvature.

Reply to
Phil Evans

Yeah, this is a known bug, Known as a PEBCAK bug. (look that one up, egghead)

It usually happens if you move thr cursor too much when making the points/ It actually depends on if you use the click-click or click-drag method. If you start click-dragging you are more likely to have this kind of problem.

I just tried it and could make 60+ points, and it never cut me off. You have to have a smooth alcoholic's grasp on the mouse.

Also happens more when using multiple contexts.

Funny that your hole office gets the same pebcak error. You work in Kentucky? Single Helix mean anything to you? Australopithecene perhaps?

Dusty.

Reply to
PotFlower

I have subsequently successfully joined the points by using the 3d spline function so it would appear to be a 2d problem.

BTW my office is not a "hole" :-)

Reply to
Phil Evans

You engineers use splines to write your names on your prints?

Reply to
vinny