surface error..

Happy Middsommer from Sweden. I have imported a iges file from another cadsystem. In the featuretree it say 'surface error' (of something like it). I can't use it to make a Sheet Metal part. Normaly it say 'Imported' and I can make it to a Sheet Metal part. Any one have a easy why to fix it to Sheet Metal. Best regards /Anders

Reply to
Anders Carlsson

If you RMB on the surface feature in the tree, you should have an option to do an IMPORT DIAGNOSTICS. This will attempt to repair any open faces or gaps that are in the surface. If it can repair the surface, it should turn it into an imported solid feature

Anders Carlss> Happy Middsommer from Sweden.

In your tools menu there is a CHECK function. Run that on the model and see if there are any errors. SW will not always be able to import an IGES file in the way you expect. The geometry may look good but the underlying math of the feature may not be correct for such things as sheet metal. Be especially careful of General Faults from Check. If you can't get rid of those you have a ticking time bomb.

The Import Diagnostic does not always heal the IGES. If it doesn't then you have to either heal it yourself or get an IGES file that will come in OK. Frequently getting another file is not a practical option. The process of healing IGES has been well documented on the NG over the years.

It would help to know what the source of the IGES file is.

TOP

Reply to
TOP