SW Manufacturing Network

Are any of you using the SW Manufacturing Network? Any new referrals or comments from existing customers? Have you located suppliers this way? Do you think it's worthwhile based on your results? Any hassles?

Thanks for your input. Diego

Reply to
Diego

I have located suppliers this way. It's been helpful to say the least.

KM

Reply to
ken.maren

In the six years I have been in it I have received one inquiry. At one point I attempted to update some of my information. It didn't happen.

I just had a new look at it.

  1. If you didn't know it was there on the SW homepage you would never find it.
  2. I tried to generate a dummy RFQ for my company and couldn't. This would certainly work against me.
  3. The quote process is geared towards mfg houses not design houses.
  4. There is no information or entry portal on the Mfg Network web page for those in the network. Just a well hidden email address.
  5. I don't receive any other information from the network like emails regarding changes.
  6. This really torques my chain. Question: How are vendors ranked on the Manufacturing Network? Answer: Until additional criteria are established, vendors listed on the Manufacturing Network will be ranked by the resources they have available as measured by the number of seats they have and the number of Certified SolidWorks Professionals (CSWPs) they have on staff. Companies with equal resources are ranked in alphabetical order. At this time, we do not have a customer feedback system in place to affect ranking, though this may be available in the future.

I suppose it helps some pe> Are any of you using the SW Manufacturing Network? Any new referrals or

Reply to
TOP

TOP, just to clarify, it hasn't been up for 6 years. More like 4. :-)

T> In the six years I have been in it I have received one inquiry. At one

Reply to
jimfrancis2000

Chomp (Eating hat) chomp, chomp. You are right, the first record I have of it is Jun 2002 which would make 3 3/4 years not 6 and I have been in for 3.

Reply to
TOP