SW Model Request: Att: MBiasotti

Hey Mark or anyone else from SW reading this post.

I read an aticle from SW world that they previewed a solidworks assembly file of the old "mouse trap" game. By itself isn't a that big a deal.... But I heard it had the ball run through an animation of the whole board. I'm assuming this was set up with a bunch of mates including the new advanced\mechanical mates (path,screw, coupler, etc...) Is this the case and is this file available anywhere???/ I would be really interested in getting this file if I could!

Thanks, Don

Reply to
dvanzile3

snipped-for-privacy@norgrenauto.com wrote in news:1189121809.128578.173940 @g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Perhaps it could be posted to 3DContentCentral? I'd like to study it too.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I think I saw it here few months back....

Regards

Deepak

Reply to
Engineer

This is a link to a mouse trap model, not sure if its the on you are after tho.

mrw

Thanks for the post. But I think there is a newer one designed around a lot of new functionality found in 2008. It has the complete board with all the contraptions. Hopefully somebody is willing to share it.

Don

Reply to
dvanzile3

I saw an animation of the model, it was done as a class project. I never saw the actual model, but the animation was super-impressive. There were a couple others for the same class, too. I downloaded a couple of the animations, but I lost the link to the class webpage.

Reply to
esobota

Yes, I do have the mouse trap model/assembly but it is approx.

86Mbtyes and too large to host right now. As far as 3DCC, it won't support pre-released versions of SW so we can't place it there yet. I also think that this demo requires COSMOSMotion.

Stay tuned - we should have this available some time after 2008 is released.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti

(hum...for some reason I responded to your post several hours ago but I guess it didn't take so I apologize if you see this response twice.)

Anyway, yes, I have the mousetrap Assembly but it is approx. 86Mbtyes. I believe you also have to have COSMOSmotion to have do what you saw in the video.

As far as putting it on 3DCC, it is a 2008 version file and 3D content central won't work with pre-released versions of SolidWorks.

I'm sure we can get it posted some time in October after 2008 has been released. I would guess that we can make it available to the VAR's then you obtain it from your VAR.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti

Thanks for the reply Mark... and the second reply as well. Thought I was going crazy for a second. Any chance you could give me an update on when it would be available through my var I would appreciate it!

Thanks, Don

Reply to
dvanzile3