SW2004 hotkeys

I just figured out why my "c" hotkey for circle didn't work any more. SW2004 now has it assigned to Expand/Collapse Tree, which, obviously I knew, because I added it to the list. Duhh. However, in the list I said I couldn't get it to do anything, so I unassigned my circle "c" and theirs still didn't do anything. Hmm. I guess I prefer my "c" that I use all the time to theirs that doesn't do anything - not too hard to make that choice.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I've noticed other inconsistencies with hotkeys in 04 vs previous versions. I have always used ctrl+m for measure. This still works in part mode, but not in assembly mode. This always used to work in both places.

There were a couple of others, but I can't think of them right now.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

SW2004 assigned ctrl+m to Mate Diagnostics, which would only apply in an assy.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Can you assign any hotkey to the "Expand/Collapse Tree"?

I can hot get that one to work with any hotkey sequence...

Reply to
Jacob Filek

I can assign one to it, but it doesn't appear to do anything. I guess I'm expecting to see it collapse all the features, or just the selected branch in the tree, depending on what you have highlighted at the time of the sequence.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks, Wayne.

I thought it might be something like that, but had never bothered to check. I just switched my measre key to alt+m and now all is well. Cool.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

I have also noticed that if you try to type any of the hot keys when trying to type a search into SW help the key stroke gets ignored in help and performs the assigned function in SW.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed in SP1? I haven't had time to download and install yet.

Regards

Mark Downey

Reply to
Mark Downey

I just tried it and couldn't find a problem. I tried m, d, w, etc. and they all went in just fine. I do remember something about SW Explorer & certain keystrokes, though.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I assigned a different hotkey (alt-t) to "Expand/Collapse Tree", but it appears the only time it works is when the Property Manager has taken over the Feature Tree area and the Feature Tree is moved to the graphics area.

Reply to
Steve Rauenbuehler

BINGO - you win the prize! Makes sense when you finally know what it's supposed to do. The new feature of the superimposed FM tree in the graphics area is what stretches open or collapses when you hit the hotkey. Hmmm, wonder if that's documented anywhere? Look at "FeatureManager design tree, flyout" in the Help - this is where I would put it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I wish SWX would leave the friggin hotkeys to us!

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

Can anyone say PGN file!!! Way back when in my AutoBAD daze I would carry that little gem on a floppy to what ever machine I had to work on. For you non-AutoCAD people it was a text file that held all your keyboard short cut keys. I wonder if someone could write a piece of code that would change those settings. Something that would capture what is on someone's machine & save it to a text file or something. As I do a lot hand on training here at work I would actually pay for that one. Not to mention every time you upgrade or have to reinstall for one reason or another.

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush

Your shortcut key information is contained in the 'user_name.cus' file in the user sub-directory of SW. You can copy your .cus file, drop it on another computer and just change the name to the name of the person you are logged on as (i.e. on your computer it may be Bill.cus and to use it on Fred's computer re-name Fred's Fred.cus to something else [so you can reinstate it] and then copy yours across and re-name it to Fred.cus - voila - you are now blessed with your own shortcut keys.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen

U da MAN!!!!

Many thanks Merry, If you are going to SWW I shall buy you a drink!!

message

Reply to
Matthew A. Bush