SWBoengine

Has anybody seen this process hang onto a thumbdrive? I had a thumbdrive plugged into my laptop and wanted to remove it. AFAIK only SW had accessed files on the drive. I closed all the files in SW and any Explorer windows and couldn't dismount the drive. Then I shut down SW2005 and still couldn't shut down the drive. Finally I went into task manager and checked for errant SW processes. There weren't any, but there was the SWBOengine. I shut that down and the thumbdrive could be shut down.

So what is SWBOengine doing? And why does it maintain some kind of handle on my files?

Reply to
P.

Here's a link to an explanation

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

That answers what it is, but not my question. It appears to have prevented the removal of the thumbdrive, probably because of file access and yet I didn't use the Task Scheduler.

Reply to
P.

I have had similar problems with SWBOengine.... basicallt for whatever rason this file crashes whenever I want to shut my PC down (I've got no removable drives like you though) and so I've actually removed it from startup and I just manually trigger it whenever I need to perform task scheduler stuff..... although at the moment my task scheduler doesn't seem to work at ALL since I've installed 2ks so that's REALLY useful!

George.

Reply to
George Maddever