SWKS 2004 - Windows Installer Guide

Especially for those who are completely unfamiliar with the Windows Installer, it may be of interest to know of an installation guide which is "hidden" deeply in a subdirectory on CD1.

There's no mention of it in the STOP Read This First sheet and the on screen installation dialog has no link to it; however, the file "install_guide.rtf" can be viewed under:

\swwi\data\support\i386\lang\english\

Per O. Hoel

Reply to
Per O. Hoel

Thanks for the tip, I just found my copy of 2004 in the mailbox at work, funny my boss didn't get his though, hehehe.

I've been reading all I can about installing the new version before I actually jump in, especially having never seen a Windoze Installer before. But this looks to be an exciting release.

Whit

"Per O. Hoel" wrote:

Reply to
Whit

When I installed mine this morning, there was nary a glitch. Load the first CD, follow the simple instructions, load the other 2 as prompted, and done. I did not load Toolbox or Office, so there may be something there, but the rest was very straightforward. I was quite pleased.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

All,

did you guys do an 'upgrade' from SW2003 with the CD's or a new install?

Also I'm using the downloaded SW2004 sp0.0; will I still be able to do future service packs by downloading from subscription service or will I need the CD's?

On my home machine I had to 'restore to an earlier time' to get the downloaded version back again. Using the CD's gave the program a bad installation with many error messages and problems so I switched back.

Reply to
Navy Diver