Thanks Matt, SolidWorks 2007 Bible

Matt,
Congratulations on your new book! I'm sure it will be well received. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
Best regards,
John
On Jan 25, 2:04 am, "John Layne"
Reply to
CAD Guy
Hmmm, maybe I am going to have to rethink staying with 2006.
I have been irritated with my VAR, and am not yet convinced I want to pay now and then finally load 2007 in June.
Bo
Reply to
Bo
I'm there . . . I've learned many a tid-bit from Matt and it will be great to have a lot of this info in one place.
Have you already started on the 2008 version?
Reply to
SteveO
" I'll have to grow a beard, start smoking a pipe and wear tweed jackets with patches on the elbows."
If the "bible" is that good, we will force you to do the above!, lol
Honestly, I hope you make it big!
Good luck!
BTW you will also need a cabin beside the lake and a typewriter too, 8-P
"John Layne"
Reply to
pete the first
Awesome! I can just see you coming down off the mountain with the stone tablets in your hands.
Jerry Steiger
Yes finally - i hope there will be evereything includes cosmos works, floworks etc. ;)
i'll be waiting for it.
Reply to
Lukasek SW
I was hoping to avoid that connotation. It's just the name of the series from the publisher, I didn't pick it. The word is a little more emotionally charged than I hoped for.
Reply to
matt
To be honest, it covers just bare bones SolidWorks, with half a chapter on Toolbox, and a little bit about CosmosXpress and MoldflowXpress. In order to get the level of detail I wanted and to be as complete as possible, I had to limit the scope to just plain SolidWorks.
Reply to
matt
Thanks, Steve.
Believe it or not, there is talk about it already. I would like to get some feedback from the 07 version before I start 08.
Reply to
matt
Using SolidWorks charges my emotions more than I hoped for.
Modest fellow that you are, you've got to admit that if you're not one of the SW gods, you are at the very least a prophet. Seeing you as Moses leading us out of the wilderness into the promised land is very comforting to the benighted souls like me. (Try not to think about Moses dying before he could cross over to the promised land.)
Jerry Steiger
Matt, I am astonished you can get a book out this fast, as your 2007 book will be out barely a year after the initial betas were out...BUT...it is still half way through the 2007 year when it will 'hit the shelves'.
This lag is part of the problem for a book publisher, and a user.
I know that SolidWorks internal management policy is not the usergroups shtick, but yearly major upgrades are sort of dying back. MS & Apple do not do major OS or Application revisions on a yearly basis, but just updates.
Bo
half a chapter
Reply to
Bo