Thanks Matt, SolidWorks 2007 Bible

Thanks Matt,

This is one book I will be buying!

John Layne

Matt,

Congratulations on your new book! I'm sure it will be well received. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Best regards,

John

On Jan 25, 2:04 am, "John Layne"

Reply to
CAD Guy

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the support.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Matt

Chock me up for one as well.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

Hmmm, maybe I am going to have to rethink staying with 2006.

I have been irritated with my VAR, and am not yet convinced I want to pay now and then finally load 2007 in June.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

I'm there . . . I've learned many a tid-bit from Matt and it will be great to have a lot of this info in one place.

Have you already started on the 2008 version?

Reply to
SteveO

" I'll have to grow a beard, start smoking a pipe and wear tweed jackets with patches on the elbows."

If the "bible" is that good, we will force you to do the above!, lol

Honestly, I hope you make it big!

Good luck!

BTW you will also need a cabin beside the lake and a typewriter too, 8-P

"John Layne"

Reply to
pete the first

and several big bottles of gin...

Reply to
matt

I hope that you, like W.C. Fields, never drink anything=20 stronger than gin before breakfast ....

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Awesome! I can just see you coming down off the mountain with the stone tablets in your hands.

Jerry Steiger

Yes finally - i hope there will be evereything includes cosmos works, floworks etc. ;)

i'll be waiting for it.

Reply to
Lukasek SW

Matt,

Will you be selling signed copies at SWW? ;)

Muggs

matt wrote:

Reply to
Muggs

I was hoping to avoid that connotation. It's just the name of the series from the publisher, I didn't pick it. The word is a little more emotionally charged than I hoped for.

Reply to
matt

To be honest, it covers just bare bones SolidWorks, with half a chapter on Toolbox, and a little bit about CosmosXpress and MoldflowXpress. In order to get the level of detail I wanted and to be as complete as possible, I had to limit the scope to just plain SolidWorks.

Reply to
matt

Thanks, Steve.

Believe it or not, there is talk about it already. I would like to get some feedback from the 07 version before I start 08.

Reply to
matt

Using SolidWorks charges my emotions more than I hoped for.

Modest fellow that you are, you've got to admit that if you're not one of the SW gods, you are at the very least a prophet. Seeing you as Moses leading us out of the wilderness into the promised land is very comforting to the benighted souls like me. (Try not to think about Moses dying before he could cross over to the promised land.)

Jerry Steiger

Matt, I am astonished you can get a book out this fast, as your 2007 book will be out barely a year after the initial betas were out...BUT...it is still half way through the 2007 year when it will 'hit the shelves'.

This lag is part of the problem for a book publisher, and a user.

I know that SolidWorks internal management policy is not the usergroups shtick, but yearly major upgrades are sort of dying back. MS & Apple do not do major OS or Application revisions on a yearly basis, but just updates.

Bo

half a chapter

Reply to
Bo

"John Layne"

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Ok, but after all the comparisons and all the writings, do they all have to die as martyrs? :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Ok, ok, enough with the religious references. You guys are freaking me out a little!

Reply to
matt