triad help

we are using sw2005. i have an assembly that got "dis-orientated" using the move by triad feature ( it had some unforeseen consequenses ). now whenever I try a standard section view the plane is not perpendicular to the part- I have tried a lot of ways to fix this problem, I found the documentation somewhat lacking reagrading this feature. I managed to re-orientate my assembly by importing another part fixing it and mating my assembly to it- but I don't think this is the proper way to do it- is there another simple way that works ?

Reply to
Laz

Are all these sw guru's here left scratching their heads ? headlice from the fresh-off-the-boat coworker perhaps?

Reply to
Laz

No (as in not scratching head, no headlice, and "no soup for you"). How did you say it? "that's a pretty basic step using sw. better get a good textbook or online tutorial to get you started."

If you want help, condescension is not a good way to go about asking for it. It looks like you did something stupid. Here's a hint - assembly planes.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Laz) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Reply to
matt

Your hint helped matt.