View pull down menu grayed out

I have had bestowed upon me the wondrous job of cleaning up assemblies of former employees. On several occasions I have attempted to show planes in the assembly for mate checking. When I go to the view pull-down menu most of the items are grayed out, i.e. planes, temporary axes, origins, etc. At the top of these items, "Hide all types" is checked but also grayed out. I've gone through all the document options and help files but I'm getting no indication of what's wrong. These assemblies range from somewhat large (1000 parts) to small single digit parts. They were all created by the same individual and I am accessing the files through a common windows server database. The files were created using some parts from 2001 Plus which were saved as 2003 and then 2003.parts added on later. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

TIA

Farmer

Reply to
Farmer

Check out it this: tools/options/large assembly mode/hide all planes...etc

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Go under the Tools Pulldown and unselect Large Assembly Mode. You will then be able to Uncheck Hide all under the view pulldown.

Reply to
SWuser

Sorry Krister, I did not read your post before replying.

Reply to
SWuser

Thanks for the help. That was exactly what was wrong. I didn't look at the large assembly mode settings.

Farmer

Reply to
Farmer