Weld symbol tip

I recently figured out that if I click on a weld symbol with the intent to copy and paste it, it matters where on it I click. If I click on the body of the symbol, then when I paste it, the new symbol is placed with the end of the body line at the click point. If I click on the symbol somewhere on the leader, then the new one is placed with the end of the arrow at the click point. This is a good difference to know, and I thought maybe I wasn't the only one that hadn't figured it out.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks Wayne. I never realized that. This kind of thing pops up from time to time in a lot of things. The big question is whether it is intended functionality or not.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Don't know. I have since figured out that this really applies only if the annotation has or at some time has had a jogged leader. If it never has, then it doesn't matter where you pick it up - it pastes back with the arrow head at the click point. If it has or had a jogged leader, then it acts like I described.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany