File save reminder time

I have seen this value go to 1 minute pretty regularly for no apparent reason. I have set it and closed SW to make sure the value is captured. Open SW and it is fine. Check it periodically and it's fine, and then one time it's not. Anyone else seeing this?

SW2008 SP3.1 & 4.0EV

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

I've noticed it too. Maybe they're try> I have seen this value go to 1 minute pretty regularly for no apparent

i used to get this often, but i turned it off once i got an SPR from VAR. it seems that it is resetting the time to one minute. we found a trigger that was the system would all of the sudden tell me that i have not chanded someting for 1 change. i thought that this was odd as i had it set to 20 minutes. i would go to it and it was reset to 1 minute. after a few times of this and a submittance to VAR we turned it off. it is a good idea because it reminded people to save. but good ideas are only good if they work as prescribed. in 2007 we would get a occoasional notice from the software that we have not save for one change, totally randomly. at least it was not as borke as it is today. fool me once and i have to live with it, fool me twice and i will think about never using it again, a third time may never happen. many things fail this way. if you provide a simple tool like this it should work, i mean how hard can it be! iQ

Reply to
iQ