Where'd my icons go?

My exit sketch icons in the upper right hand corner have disappeared.

It's very annoying, I either have to right click to 'exit sketch' or rebuild. I want my green check and red x back.

I recently reinstalled SolidWorks 2005 and I just upgraded to Service Pack 2.0.

I looked for a setting under tools->options that might have done it, but I found nothing.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
RageX

Tools>Options>SystemOptions>EnableConfirmationCorner (checkbox, about 1/2 way down)

Reply to
Michael

Thanks! I never knew that was called a 'confirmation corner.' I just wonder how it got checked off.

Regards,

Reply to
RageX

The confirmation corner disappearing (being unchecked in tools options) seems to be a "feature" of 2005. It has happened to me in every service pack and often happens several times a day. Frustrating...

RageX wrote:

Reply to
Rory

Have you been able to catch the sequence of events which cause it to be turned off? I get the same problem, but not as frequently.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I just had a thought here that sounds silly, but maybe has some merit. I have never seen mine act up, but then again I have it turned off - I hate it. Now, before you go DUHHHHH, think about this: if the sequence causing the issue were such that it TOGGLED the setting, I should be seeing mine come on. However, since I don't, then whatever is causing yours to turn off is doing only that, not toggling the setting. Might be a clue, thank you very much. (bow taken... :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Good point. I'll kepp watching.

About the confirmation corner. I used to hate it too, until I realized I can use it to exit a sketch and discard changes. I don't know of another way to do that, so I got used to the confirmation corner.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Dale,

The conf corner here at my company have been proven to cause crashes. We disable it by deafault. (Happens alot if there is a spaceball or spacemouse connected)

/Mike S

Dale Dunn wrote:

realized I

Reply to
solidworks

Mike,

How did you go about proving this? I have a spaceball, use the corner and have random crashes. Did you ever catch with Rx?

solidworks wrote:

Reply to
P.