Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Photoworks Question
I will hope that someone who is skilled in Photoworks will tell me how I can achieve a shiny reflective background, or maybe floor in a Photoworks rendering. I have selected a green colored background...
1
1

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...
Hello All, Well I haven't been here in a while because I've been trying to wrap things up, so I can enjoy myself in NO. So to those who are going, I'll see you there. Look for an overworked,...
8
8

Molds for plastic parts
Uni-moulding toolmakers are skilled craftsmen with decades of hands-on experience. Their ability to carefully machine and finish blocks of steel into high-quality, functional production tools is truly...
3
3

RE: Labelling Predefined Views
I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on how you can align notes that have been attached to a predefined view. I would like the notes to adjust to size of the view bounding box. These...

Rendering a foil tray with wrinkled corners using Photoworks
Hi i'm looking for a little inspiration on rendering a smoothwall foil tray (ready meal type) in PhotoWorks. Using the standard polished aluminium gives a pretty good likeness.................. Except...
5
5

Get old Service Packs
Hello, Does anybody know where I find old service packs for SW? On the SW website I only find SP's for SW2k6 and SW2k7, but we (still) work with SW2k3 (sp0.0) TIA, Rik
1
1

Solidworks Add inn development
Would there be someone in Melbourne (Aus) that would be able to contact me in regards to some devolopment of an addin for Solidworks. Cheers Damian

Intel Core 2 Duo - Dongle problems
Hi, I just bought a new computer. Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 PNY Quadro FX3500 etc.... My problem is that Solidworks 2003 can not find the parallel dongle... "Can not load DLL:...
2
2

Windows Xp vs Vista -- on Toms Hardware.
More confirmation that Vista is a lemon for CAD. Quote "There are some programs that showed deeply disappointing performance. Unreal Tournament 2004 and the professional graphics benchmarking suite...
18
18

SolidWorks Viewer Automation
I've inherited a VB6 Application that used to invoke the SolidWorks viewer, now when the viewer is updated to 2007 i can no longer use it's methods. I CAN however create the object, so it seems that...
9
9

Help!! extrude-cut on Lofted Bend
I am designing a plow for a locomotive. Similar geometry to a snow plow on a truck. I need to make a cut out for an access door on the bend of the upper portion of the plow. I have tried a few things-...
1
1

solidworks & network setup
I have been on SolidWorks for a very long time. I have also been a network admin back in the day. Sometimes when saving over the network it is very slow, I'm talking 5 minutes to save a simple part....
4
4

Documenting custom machines
I am currently attempting to formulate a plan/procedure/convention/ whatever you want to label it, to initially document and then track changes to custom built machines that we receive in from outside...
2
2

Re: ** Cost Analysis of Vista Content Protection
Scary stuff....particularly the way you're existing hardware might be disabled from playing certain content..... A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection

Balloon sub-assy based on the BOM of the parent assy?
Is it possible to balloon the items in a drawing view of a sub-assembly such that the numbering is based on the BOM of the parent assembly, which is shown on the same drawing? Basically, I want to...
3
3