Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Composite Materials in SW Database
Does anyone know if the composite materials in the SW materials data base include the weight of resin? Thanks
1
1

die design
Hello guys, for job reasons, I have to design toolings: molds and dies in particular. Now I'm evaluating some packages of third party. I have choosen "moldworks" and "splitworks" for molds, but I...
1
1

new user with doubt
Hello everybody, I'm sorry to start with a doubt, but I have been trying in other sw forums but can't seem to manage to solve this modeling riddle: I have a profile, and a bunch of paths. The paths...
3
3

New user with sw doubt
Hello everybody, I'm sorry to start with a doubt, but I have been trying in other sw forums but can't seem to manage to solve this modeling riddle: I have a profile, and a bunch of paths. The paths...
8
8

We have a July PhotoWorks Contest Winner
Congratulations to Jan Herud for winning the July PhotoWorks contest. Jan is also the first person to win the contest three consecutive times. If you think you have what it takes to keep Jan from...

I'm a looser baby so why don't you kill me
Anyone know what happened to the video?

Help on flexible mates?
I've never used flexible mates much and was wondering if there is some tutorial help somewhere on the subject. There doesn't seem to be anything in the online tutorial and the help file is very brief....
8
8

Occlusion Culling
I turned on Occlusion Culling in CATIA, and it did not seem to improve performance (render/visualization speed). Am I missing a setting? Isn't occlusion culling used to improve perf by not rendering...
1
1

length of sweep??
I've created a wiring schematic in 3D, now i want to find out the length of the wire needed. How do I get the length of the sweep in SW2006?? samurai.
5
5

dark. forum
We have just created a basic dark forum focusing mainly on design related issues and work of a raw, industrial and slightly alternative nature. Feel free to advertise your own work (from engineering...

Set message subject here ...
Ed, I feel your pain! Another little one i'll ad is with the measure tool it only ever lists one dimension when selecting an arc or a cicrcle. Tis either a rad or a diameter respectively. Never lists...
3
3

Did Solid Works forget about Drawings?
I continue to run into strange things and buggs with I make SW drawings. Here is some of my current experience: The project is a series of parts with truncated stub ACME threads which are on a few...
22
22

Revision table-reset rev to start at 1?
I inserted a revision table and started creating some different revisions and adding descriptions to the table, I have never used a solidworks revision table so I was basically playing trying to...
2
2

Scaling specific features on solids and surfaces
I've searched the archives and have not come across something specific as this: Is there a way within SW06 to scale a part overall, yet certain features such as holes and cutouts retain the original...

Reflections on good and evil
My name is Lorenzo Crescini and I'm Italian. These "Flashes on Good and evil" reflect the same mood characterizing the Flashes on the Holy Gospels and Turin's Holy Shroud I wrote in Africa: making...