Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: HD replacement/supplement
My home computer is acting up. I built it myself, it was my first and it was a frustrating/4-weeks later satisfying process. Background: For the last year of two, after turning it off it would often...
14
14

Re: Model to animation, apply force(s) on model
Thank You Cliff. That is what I am currently doing. Probably makes more sense! Wayne
1
1

Forum Added to PhotoWorks Contest
Hi All, I've finally had time to create the forum for my website . The forum should give people the opportunity to post comments, thoughts, suggestions, etc about the PhotoWorks contest. It should...

Mating to a sketch circle
I'm still pretty new to Solidworks, but I'm having trouble with something that should be pretty simple and I'm obviously going about it the wrong way. I have a series of framed floor panels arranged...
5
5

Re: inventor verse solidworks
comes up blank. Wayne 微小网-让设计更快更美更有趣! 微小网-让设计更快更美更有趣!

Stacked Ballons in a drawing....
When I insert stacked ballon's I have to click on mulitple parts to get the ballons for those parts to show up. Then i change those parts, the Ballons turn Olive Drab Green(Lost its reference) Is...
1
1

PDMWorks API
Has anyone else here worked with the PDMWorks API? I'm doing some work with it now and have found it woefully lacking. It doesn't allow you to return a "Level" property for a document in the Vault.....

Driver
I just loaded SW 2006. When I opened it up, there came a message "The Use Software OpenGL option has been enabled because of a recent configuration change. Click Connect for more information." This...
9
9

dual core and SW
New computer at home has the 4600+ dual core AMD. Did some anecdotal testing ( ship in a bottle ), along with actual SW use ( testing 2007 ). Manual setting processor affinity to single core is ~ 30%...
3
3

derived hole patterns broken?
Sw2006, sp4.1. My derived hole patterns keep getting suppressed. They are suppressed (with a rebuild light on them) right after I create them. If I save the assembly, close and then re-open, I can...

Axes
I have a model that has axes displayed for every cylindrical feature on the part, starting with the very first extrusion. How can I get rid of them? Thanks,
3
3

Bolting sequence
With the new CW 2007, do you think we could simulate a complete bolting sequence on a flange ? We already have done it but with cosmosm! some years ago... with a .bat external file, and with macros....

Combining two sketches?
Dear group, I normally use Catia V5 for mechanical design, but in this case I need to use SolidWorks. In Catia there is a function named Combine that can be used to make a solid from two different...
2
2

new video cards
I'm spec'ing a new high end game system for home which will also be used for working at home using SW2006 on the weekends. I'm asking for recommendations between the 512MB NVIDIA=AE Quadro=99 FX 2500M...
7
7

Inventor 11 vs. SW 2006
Hi all, While I have been pushing for lots of comments for improving SW's drawing environment I do want to say some positive things reguarding SW's in general. Before I started using SW I was fairly...
6
6