Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Splined shaft
I am currently looking for a splined shaft profile or solid. That has configurations to it. I need 1-3/4"dia. 20 spline. Does anybody have a direction I could go for information?
5
5

Cut Extrude through a revolve.
I have a revolved shape basically a tube and need to make some indexing notches that an end cap can index into as it is turned. The shape is much like a saw tooth edge and the cap has ridges that nest...
4
4

AUTOMATIC PART DESCRIPTION TRANSFER TO DRAWING FILE NAME
How can I get the description that I type when I file a part solid model (this also appears in the part custom properties table under Description) to appear in the drawing model description field...
3
3

Re: sp4 - what 's the verdict so far?
So far, best yet... No deal breakers for me, yet... 2ยข
9
9

Core Duo Laptop CPUs...or Desktop?
Comments from < >"Core Duo is part of Intel's newfangled Centrino platform, code-named Napa." The actual comparison bar charts start here, and are surprising...to say the least. new M90 (maybe not...
4
4

Importing IGES NURBS Patch (entity 128)
Can anyone shed some light on the fact that the simple IGES file below does not import? It has only one surface entity, a #128 NURBS Patch. Relevant part of import report:...
4
4

Create your own Product Configurator (no api required)
LS, I've uploaded the latest version of ConfiguratorWorks on my website. Feel free to download the free shareware version. Kind regards, J.J. Zwaard Zwaard Engineering Studio plz get contact...
3
3

can anyone link me to sites with free models?
hi all! im a young designer and often i need models for projects that i do. i know that i can get some models from within solidworks(3d content) but if any one knows a good (free) site with models it...
3
3

Partial contours visable
If I try to render my exploded model in contours only, I only get bits of my model with line contours. The other half of the model is 'normal' render. How can I get a 'total' contour render? It has...

BOM Exporting...
Quick question, (should be anyway) Using SWx 2005, SP5.0.... I have a large SWx generated BOM that I need to export to an Excel spreadsheet. I have had no need to ever do this in the past, so after...
3
3

Modify arrows in a "favorite".
I'm using the SP4.0. I cannot seem to modify a dimension arrow in a favorite. Anyone else?

Human head model
Hi there, I need a model (any file format handled by SolidWorks) of a human head to use it in the design and the presentation of a headset product. Does anybody know a source for such models? Thank...
2
2

Write API for checkin new document into PDM Vault server
Hi all Request you to provide me solution on checkin new document into PDM Vault server. While chackin a document using PDMWorks API. I found one function like "" If i try this checkin function for a...
1
1

assembley problem (help plz ppl!!)
hi there as i mentioned in the title i have a problem in assembling some parts coz when i do i can't see the moment of inertia in the mass properties window for some reason (which is starting to piss...
3
3

How do I remove directory folder
I have created a folder in the materials editor by mistake. When I try to delete the folder - it does not allow this. Can anyone help?
10
10