Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

dwgeditor 2006 Printing Problems
I have recently lost the use of my Acad 2000 and have been reduced to using dwgeditor 2006. When I open some .dwg's the GD&T notes and even some of the dimensions move to other areas of the dwg. So I...

Animation advice
I am a Design Engineer relitivley conversant in SW. I have basic knowledge of SW animation but I would like to animate a machine from start op to finish op. This would include animating chains, links...
3
3

Conical washers vers Plain Washer with Spring Washer
My machines are mostly fixed together with hex head screws or bolts with plain washers and spring washers. I was talking to a machine builder today who suggested I call up conical washers or...
9
9

Macro for batch replacing Design Table?
Hello, Just wondering if there is a macro where you nominate an Excel file as a Design Table and then have it inserted into a selection of parts as a single batch operation? Typically you would...
1
1

Part can't find drawing ????
Is there a setting or check box or ?????? that will enable you to open the drawing of a part by right clicking the top icon and selecting "open drawing" ???? It doesn't seem to work in either 2005...
5
5

deleting old referenced documents
I need a tip for a better way of deleting obsolete referenced documents. I have a down rev/old version of a sub-assembly mixed in with the full assembly of a machine I'm working on. I would like to...
3
3

How to get sketch dimension in drawing?
I would like to dimension the sketch and then have those dimensions show on the drawing. How? Thanks!
4
4

Flat/flex cables with spiral flex
Hi: I've been looking at historical discussions on this topic in this NG, and several of the comments in the past were helpful. In the past, I've modeled flat flexing cables in Pro/E using the...
3
3

Pattern a part question
I would like to pattern a part off of a sketch in an assembly (I can do this this is not the issue) and then I want have all the individual entities (parts) get a unique name and be saved as a unique...
3
3

Does anyone design plastic extrusion tools in SW?
Does anyone design plastic extrusion tools in SW? Is there an add in to help the process.I have never designed an extrusion die. Our company was asked to start extruding a companion to one of our...

Anybody run SolidWorks on a laptop with nvidia geforce go 7400 graphics?
Subject pretty much sums it up. I'm eyeing a laptop that uses that graphics chipset and wondered if anyone had any feedback about it. It'll also have 1 gig ram and 2GHz dual-core. I'm working on...
1
1

PhotoWorks Rendering Contest for April
Only 2 days left to submit your entry for the April PhotoWorks rendering contest. For contest details and to submit your entry visit Update: The conrtest is now offering prizes to the monthly winner!
3
3

Preview disappeared
All of a sudden my materials preview window has gone. Well its reduced to the 'minimised' state and when I try to maximise it - it doesn't give me that option. Has I enable/ disabled something by...
2
2

Pro/Intralink 3.3Ver Help required
Hi, Please help me in knowing Pro/Intralink 3.3ver Basic notes. If any one is having Advance notes on Pro/Intralink 3.3ver, Please send it to me. My email id is Bye Biji

OT-kinda ; connect press
I got an e-mail from SW telling me I could subscribe to the SW community at a place called Connect Press. I was plotting a 7-sheet drawing, so figured-what gthe heck. I went there and filled out their...
9
9