Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

H0 Spectrum 2-10-0 and DCC Shortcuts
Hi Sorry for my bad english I buy just over Ebay a new H0 Bachmann Spectrum 2-10-0 Russian Decapot A fine machine. Drive analog very good. I built in a DCC-Decoder, run good. any time the loco make a...
4
4

Atlas Digitrax Decoder
Can anyone tell me if an Atlas locomotive equipped with a Digitrax Dn-146AX decoder can be run with a normal non-DCC controller? If not, is there a way to bypass the decoder? OS
6
6

Railroad Express - Introduction and Special Offer
Hi, I thought I would start this message with just a bit of background. Like a lot of us, toy trains were part of my life when I was growing up. In my case, my uncle had a set of Lionel trains and a...

Walthers Blast Furnace - HO Scale - height of highline
Mellow greetings. I managed to get my hands on one of these kits and have not started assembly yet, but am trying to figure out where its going to live on the soon to be built layout. My question -...

Lionel track for Geezer
Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I'll try to answer each question as it is asked. Thank you for you help. Curved is almost 12" outer edge to outer edge. Straight is 10" 8 pieces for a circle...
1
1

Horizon / Athearn Returns to Local Hobby Shops (?)
Group, I just looked at Horizon's website - expecting to be disappointed as usual - looking for Athearn products. I was wrong. Wow, two big changes. One, there are _many_ Athearn products listed in a...

FA sale on oztion and ebay.com.au
Hi Guys just letting you know I have added more items Added more items atlas switches, track kadee, Lifelike freight wheels if not a member join up with aceantman have a bid. buyer pays combined...

DeRail at MP472 BNSF
Hay Kurt When are we gonna get pictures? This is in your front yard isn't it? todh

Q: Roof Walk Lumber Sizes?
Despite the way they're typically modeled, especially on N- & HO-gauge models, freight car roof walks wouldn't very likely have been made from car-length boards (36'-40') but rather butted end-on-end...
26
26

DCC sound decoder
For several years I have been using DCC decoders from Lenz or some locally made brand; both working pretty well. Recently I bought sound decoders (from Sountraxx). Sound is great, BUT pretty soon I...
2
2

FA: Proto 100 RDC on Ebay (Sydney, Oz)
Hi everyone, Listed a Proto 1000 RDC for sale on Ebay: it out and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Craig.

New photos and UP 844 Schedule
Steamrailroading Dot Com has undergone an update to its content management software. This has allowed us to add a LARGE photo gallery. We now have more then 3400 railroad pictures more then 90% are of...
1
1

May 2006 railroad model craftsman
Has anyone received their may 2006 railroad model craftsman in the northeast [nyc] yet? Eric

Making Polar Express themed N scale layout
Hi all. I'm making a Polar Express themed N scale layout. This is being done a bit here and there kind of fashion with the intent of having it finished up in time for Christmas. The loco and tender...
5
5

film model seeker in washington dc usa wowed by responses
wow all, thanks for all the interesting responses, especially the ones that directed me toward the clubs in my area. in the end we decided to make our own so as to get just what we need and after...
20
20