Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CNR H-6-c class
I'm interesting in modelling the Canadian National H-6-c class 4-6-0 in N, or more correctly one of the handful sold to the Commonwealth Railways in Australia in 1942. I didn't expect there to be...
2
2

WTB: Kato E's in SP N Scale
Preferably in boxes unweathered but I will consider anything Also looking for Atlas Trainmasters in SP Black Widow. -John

What's up with all these duplicate releases???
Hey, all, I've recently been checking out the latest new product info on (All American Trains) and I'm boggled by the release strategies of the various manufacturers. Rivarossi releases a new and...
17
17

Re: Storing locos and rolling stock when not in use
Sure, I added a yard. Ken
7
7

HO and O Diesels for sale
I have the following diesels-new in original boxes for sale. Kato HO SD-40-2 in Conrail, A Stewart F unit pair (A&B)in Santa Fe Freight, A Stewart Alco C-630 in Lehigh Valley Red Scheme. Asking $89.00...

Re: Attaching removable facia with Velcro
Our club has used Velcro to attach curtains to cover layout legs with great succes for many years. The backscenes on our layouts have always been permanently attched with screws, in one case of a...

Re: Vesties....was..... Are most US model railroaders actually not
I met him. I'm from NJ too. Let me attest to the truth of everything you said, Den
5
5

Re: Athearn GP-60 Question
OK, thanks! I have a few of them. Was planning on using them to test some things if they were not accurate models. me wrote: :> Am I correct in my belief that the 4700-series GP-60 model (the one that...

web-site up-date
added scenery to the engine service scene that is featured on the web-site at -- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

Amarillo stuff?
My work will take me to Amarillo, Texas next week for several days - any good hobby shops, club layouts, or operating sessions to which I could get an invitation? I promise to behave myself... Jeff...
5
5

Re: Water based spray paint?
I did some thinking on your situation and remembered this. The only problem is that it might need more paint to operate than the 1 or 2 oz model paint jars....
3
3

Re: OT: National Do Not Call List opened today...
The current (new) "National Do Not Call" list is maintained by the Federal Trade Commission. They cannot regulate telemarketers who do not fall under FTC oversight; thus, the exemptions. However, the...
1
1

Re: New Athearn Steam & CF7
This is a direct quote from this month's Model Railroader; the same magazine who, when asked "How did the coal get from the tender to the firebox on SP's cab forwards?" responded "Gee. We don't know!"...
20
20

Re: Curved bridge or tressle
But that's the way most "curved" bridges are. Curved structural members (stringers, beams and girders) introduce torsion and warping into the calculations, and are extremely difficult to analyze by...
13
13

Re: inappropriate behavior by Toledo hobby shop owner...
Yes...that's the guy with the inappropriate behavior. He may have believed that since he was the owner, he could get away with saying those things with no repercussions., since he's "the boss". I...
31
31