American Flyer Rolling Stock

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:54:53 GMT, Spender wrote:

More than sad - pathological.
--
Steve

I looked at this again. Aside from the difference in the wheel base, S scale cars would be only 1/16" scale smaller than O scale. How noticeable a difference is that?
Spender wrote:

25%.
Rob
Spender wrote:

25%

I must be looking at some odd American Flyer S scale stock then. It all looks like new stuff, but the size of the cars doesn't seem much different than the Lionel Standard O cars.
Or, as some have suggested, the Lionel stuff varies so much that it can be hard to tell.

Forget the 'scale', and concentrate on the gauge. Pre war, AF used 0 gauge, same as Lionel, Marx etc. Post war, Flyer used S gauge. The answer to your question is therefore YES if the item is pre war, or NO if it is post war.
Compatible - the wheels may be, but not the couplers :-)
--
Graeme, Scotland