American Flyer Rolling Stock

Thank God for Lionel and other manufacturers fudging... It seems that even a perfectly scaled Big Boy train is going to be running on unrealistically scaled tracks.

I'll find out someday. I'd like to buy perhaps 20 acres of land and build an actual steam train on it - like the kind they have in zoos.

Reply to
Spender

Most of us are forced to utilize a smaller than ideal space to run our trains, particularly if we want to operate mainline trains at (umm) realistic speeds - 10 or so scale miles to get up to scale speed quite honestly gets quite boring. Deciding what compromises we're prepared to accept can be difficult; length and radius tend to be forced on us. :-(

I've spent a lot of time designing and redesigning 4-4-0 and 2-12-0 loco chassis to go around set-track curves so that they behave in a manor that isn't totally ludicrous.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

7mm is also becoming very popular in Australia, specifically in NSW. In the last five years a number of very nice models have been produced commercially, with the emphasis on the steam-to-diesel transition era, which for us spans the 1950s to the 1980s...

Reply to
Mark Newton

That depends on how it's articulated!

Reply to
Mark Newton

If it's articulated that well, it should have it's own act in Cirque du Soliel.

Reply to
Spender

I didn't know that but I had noticed in "Continental Muddler" that Aussie prototype models are getting quite sophisticated these days. Here in NZ there aren't quite enough modellers to justify Chinese production orders. =8^(

Reply to
Greg Procter