Anyone know where I can find Pics of the C of GA K class 4-8-4's

I did a Google search of the C of GA and found sites but I didn't see any steam pics. :-(

Reply to
John Franklin

Try

says it's a CofG 4-8-4, but number in photo doesn't match caption.

Norm

Reply to
Geezer

Neither does the wheel arrangement! Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I agree with Keith, it looks like a mike to me. The pic is a nice looking mike. It was my understanding that the 4-8-4's that C of GA had where very similar to the SP's GS-2's without shrouding and skirting of course. War production board rules about using proven designs or something like that. I was in Summerville GA. over the weekend and the line is still in place from Chattanooga to Summerville and beyond a ways. I did see that the TVRM has placed a Turn Table at Summerville for turning power and that was done in

2002. Guess Ineed to take a ride on that line! :-)
Reply to
John Franklin

Neither does the loco, it's an L&N USRA 2-8-2.

Reply to
mark_newton