This may seem like a silly question, BUT does anyone know of any good sources to find images of flames???

I did a Google search and got everything BUT "real" flames. . .
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
to find images of flames???>>
What do you need the flame images for? I spotted some excellent flame decals called "Skins" for Pine Derby cars at a local hobbyshop. These weren't conventional flame jobs, but looked like actual fire, with all the subtle nuances thereof.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci
Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy
Yeah, I do if you want car flames....check out
Mike G.
Reply to
Mike G.
Disc,
I need/want them to trace on to friskett(r) to use on my Lincoln Futura.
Herman
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Mike,
Thanks, thats what I want them for. I want to customize my Lincoln Futura MY way, and I figured flames on the hood would look cool.
Herman
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Well, I hope these help, he has numerous pictures of flamed cars on his site, so you might find what you're looking for. E-mail me some pictures when you're done, would like to see what you did. Mike G.
Reply to
Mike G.
Mike,
Will do, the Futura is one of 7 kits that I have to put togeather. Right now I'm working on the Galileo II shuttlecraft from Star Trek, then it's on to a Klingon Battlecrusier. Then I'm not sure which will be next the Futura, '29 Rat Rod, SR-71 Blackbird, or the Polar Lights Enterprise, and Klingon Battlecrusier.
I saw somewhere where someone had recommended
and right now they have an article on doing flames, so that was handy. . .
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Digital_Cowboy, Cool article, I went and checked it out. With all that help you can't go wrong. I posted a picture of a flame job I did by hand with brushes over on alt.binaries.models.scale. Well two actually, the '57 was by hand, the '55 was by airbrush. The '57 was done about 20 years ago, the '55 was done about '98. Post some pics of yours, like to see them. Mike G.
Reply to
Mike G.
Mike,
Will do, and how was that for a timely find??? Asking about flames, and then finding an article on a modeling web site about painting em??? I most have done something "wrong" yesterday. . .;-)
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Mike,
Those are some good flames, thanks for posting the pictures.
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Thanks DC, Good luck on yours. Mike
Reply to
Mike G.
Mike,
Thank you, I'm thinking that after I finish my two Star Trek models that I'll probably be moving on to the Futura. I've still gotta print out the article so that I can use it as a guide as I'm painting. And as soon as I get my Futura done I'll post pics of it on the abms with a "notice" that it's there.
Then I'll have 4 remaining models to build. I'll probably move on to the '29 Ford Rat Rod, but I'm not sure.
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy