Anyone tried printing onto Plasticard?

How do they look visually next to the plastic ones? I'm speaking in terms of how they appear next to each other. I'm sure they're are different, but do they "blend" well together, or is there a huge noticeable difference when they are put next to each other? Being of different textures could be interesting, but do they stick out like sore thumbs, or need to be kept segregated from the plastic ones?

Reply to
Ken Hammer

It depends on the model and how it was designed. I have some paper buildings which cam not be set next to highly detailed plastics as they are FAR more realistic since they were designed using the actual photographs of the building and those photos sport a level of detail no human is capable of reproducing. Others look easily the equal of my plastic/resin kits and are only distinguishable by their weight. then i have some which are hand drawn and while lovely art they really would not work on a layout. Basically a lot depends on how much detail you put in your plastic buildings. there are paper models which can match that. You may have to look to find which ones duplicate your realism level but you can find them. Personally I like to use several levels of details to give more depth to the layout.

cat

Reply to
cat

Hi Cat

I'd love to see some pics

- haven't seen much of interest on the paper modelling site other than a lot of space ships, but I haven't had time to really dive into (or maybe I am at the wrong one!)

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

At papermodels at SmartGroups we just had several cars, a number of figures and several skyscrapers listed as well as Pino's amazing mechanical paper device (which took a major award at an European engineering show). A few weeks ago we had a ton on HO and N scale truck trailers listed. there are a number of paper model groups but papermodels at SmartGroups is the largest and most active. come check it out. (did I forget to mention the UFO in a carpark we just listed?)

cat

Reply to
cat

I don't worry about it. No they DON'T "stick out". You can tell they're different, but mainly in the level of detail as opposed to being of different materials.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman