anyone using the Prodigy Advance system?

If anyone is out there that uses the prodigy advance system I have a question. I'm new to Dcc and i've learned how to advance consist but how do you turn the light on in the front locomotive after you have consisted it ? i'm using the MRC 1650 decoders.

Reply to
E. T. Atkins

Aren't you supposed to select the loco address then push F1?

fl@liner

Reply to
fieromike1945

There are some CV's in the 21-24 range that allow you to set the address that controls the functions. They will also allow you to set momentum controls for inside the consist and not effect the momentum settings outside the consist. CV's 21-24 are optional decoder functions and not all decoders support all the features. Look at the following link for the 1650 decoder manual and look at the description of CV21.

looks as thought the 1650 only uses CV21. If you set it to 0 the original loco addresses will control the functions, if set to 1 all the functions will be controlled by the consist address. Hope this helps. You also might want to join the MRC-DCC yahoo group. PeteC

Reply to
PeteC

Reply to
E. T. Atkins