"Hobby Railroading"

My local PBS station had a television show called "Hobby Railroading" on several years ago. It was probably the mid-90's that I last saw it on WTVP-47 Peoria, IL. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it and if it's still being shown somewhere.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

If you have DishTV Satelite or access to RFDTV they have a couple of programs that address model railroading: One is "I Love Toy Trains" and the other is "Workin' On The RailRoad".

They are both very interesting and informative.

Jack

Reply to
Jack N

"Jack N" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

I've watched "Workin' on the Railroad." There was also "The Train Show" on RFDTV for a time.

I'm not looking for substitute shows, just wondering what happened to "Hobby Railroading."

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

My local PBS station broadcasts "Tracks Ahead", a program about railroading - actual restored roads, to model layouts. Here is a link::

here for local broadcast times in your area:
- at this site, scroll down to "tracks ahead" and if you enter your personal data, you should find out when this program is broadcast in your locality.

Puckdr> My local PBS station had a television show called "Hobby Railroading" on

Reply to
rijj

" snipped-for-privacy@bluefrog.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

At least they got Spencer Christian to stop introducing something and then say, "But next,"... ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

There were 12 episodes produced by Iron Horse Video Productions. I don't know what's happened to Iron Horse nowadays.

Here's a listing of the 12 episodes of Hobby Railroading from the Boulder Model Railroad Club web site:

__________ Mark Mathu

Reply to
Mark Mathu

The episodes are available at Green Frog.

J.R.Scott

Reply to
John Scott

"Mark Mathu" wrote in news:YYO7h.100673$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com:

Thanks. Apparently they only got to 12 episodes, which is too bad. I've got a few on tape, beta tape.

A quick Google search only revealed the site you gave and Cyberspace World Railways' link page. Neither had much info as to if the series was still alive. It'd be a neat thing to stick on something like YouTube or Google Video, if they'd allow it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Speaking of model railroad TV programs, does anyone know anything about one that was on DIY recently? I cna' tfind out about the show, but I think I did a Google search about a model railroading subject that referred to a TV episode...

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

"Dan Merkel" wrote in news:bVG8h.14029$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

DIY's got a series called "Workin' on the Railroad." It's currently on at 7:30 AM ET Tuesday morning. Occasionally they'll have a quick "Hi, this is Joe." segment about a garden railroader during commercials.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper