Are these on your list?

Southern Pacific set attracts a lot of attention on ebay.

You can also find other popular railroad model auctions on ebay at

?Model-RR-Trains any of those on the list of your project?

Reply to
GrmrMac

If we were interested we'd go there. We don't need stupid spam about it.

Please FOAD.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On 12/16/2007 12:33 AM Steve Caple spake thus:

Amen to that. Keep that eBay crap outta here, please.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

If you were to file a formal complaint withe Ebay it might -or might not- do some good.

Advertising on Usenet newsgroups *is* against written Ebay policy.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Naw, it wouldn't do any good. eBay would look at it and think there might just be one dumb-butt out there that would buy it and that would generate them a small profit and they would say, "Goody, let the boy SPAM 'em. It will help the bottom line". eBay only polices their sight and enforces their (insert laugh here) rules if it will increase 'their' bottom line!

Reply to
The Seabat

"The Seabat" wrote

All probably true.

Nevertheless, lacking the capability to kick the spam orignator in the groin, bitching to eBay is the next best thing.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

"The Seabat" wrote

For the most part, your low opinion of eBay enforcing it's rules only to their liking, is true. But they've always (more than nine years) been good about suspending Usenet Spammers when enough complaints are received.

P.S> It helps when the complaints are composed in an educated, polite manner. (the cost of fielding complaints, outweighs the revenue generated by the spammer as most of them are relative light-weights - often HS dropouts trying to subsidize their minimum wage income)

Reply to
Amazed