Bachman's C&O J-2

Well - I've seen the Bachmann C&O J-2, their USRA heavy Mountain as shopped in the 30s. It's a very, very nice looking model. Unfortunately the pumps are
all black like a C&O Mikado and not brass like the passenger engines. But that's an easy fix. Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB <A HREF="http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot ">http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot </A> Find "Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at www.publishamerica.com or www.military-brats.com and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.
Gene:
The pumps were never brass. On the George there were polished steel covers, not brass. On the Sportsman and other trains the pumps may or may not have had polished steel covers, depending on the time, when shopped, etc.
John Glaab Peach Creek Shops
John, a little bit of research shows you are correct. I meant polished steel, really. The IHC model came with brass, but Lon Tacey painted them correctly for me. I will probably leave them black as I'm really running them for a time period after they were actually scrapped. <g> Gene ABV61-1043.001.HCB <A HREF="http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot ">http://www.tckworld.com/opfoot </A> Find "Skinny Dipping and Other Stories" On the web at www.publishamerica.com or www.military-brats.com and look for "Into Joy From Sadness" soon.