Re: Anyone using ATT as ISP

ATT gives you nothing AOL does not give you. If you are worried on price, call AOL and ask for the saves que and get a different rate plan. No need to change emails.

You can't do that with google like you ask.

I am currently on AOL but am considering switching to ATT. I have a 30 day free > trial but have been having some issues. > > When I searched for this newsgroup on ATT it was under Google and listed every > posting. AOL allows messages to be marked read. Is there some way to do it with > the Google version? > > Is anyone else on this newsgroup using ATT? Comments?
Reply to
MrRathburne

Which ATT service are you trying out? I'm using ATT Global (attglobal.net) to post this reply directly via their news server. No Google involved at all. I've had this account for years and it's always been great. Very reliable and lots of local numbers to dial in to if you travel. If you're trying ATT Worldnet, I can't comment on that service since I've never used it. BTW, I'm using Netscape as my newsreader, in case it matters...

Stevert

TRA> I am currently on AOL but am considering switching to ATT. I have a 30 day free

Reply to
Stevert

Suggest you consider ANY ISP BUT AOL - takes over your computer.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Stull

Dude, anything is better than AOL! ATT is a fairly decent source for www connection if you are in the area where they are active. There are also usually other suppliers for web connections and the best usually is the one that has been advertising for a decent long time. Most places in the US you can get connected for $9.95 a month and usually get something like 10mb of server space for a website in addition plus a few email addresses. The best place to find out about what ISP providers is to ask about in the local small computer stores and others that you know are on the web. They have the local experience that will generally guide you a fair bit better than we can.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works evevery time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

AOL is a No-Go for me! I tried them first, and took an instant dislike to their "see what WE want you to" attitude. It really does restrict you, and sometimes fails to find Websites that I KNOW are there. One of them was my own Website, which it reported as "page not found", after I had uploaded it a few hours before searching!

When I cancelled my Subscription, they still took payments out of my account, for a further 3 months. I had to complain about 6 times before I got a refund!

Steer clear of AOL!

David.

Reply to
David F.

Right, ATT NEVER bills incorrectly and has perfect web peering don't they? Get a life.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Well I wouldn't know - I've been with Tiscali (ex Lineone) for a total of

3 years now, and NEVER had a billing problem with them, from day 1. Their Helpdesk Staff are excellent, and always reply to enquiries by Email within 24 hours (often under 6).

I also find their ISP first-rate. I get connected 99% on the first attempt, at full speed. The same goes for their free Webspace FTP connection and Newsgroups too. I even get a choice of a free gift software CD each month, for being a loyal subscriber!

I can surf 24/7 for a monthly fee. The only restriction is that after every

2 hours I have to re-dial. A useful feature if I forget to log-off! They will also change your account tariff if, you go on Holiday etc., to a cheaper option (days, nights, or weekends only) - without any extra charges.

None of the others I have tried, over the years, even come close....

CompuServe, AOL, IC24, Totalise, BT, NTL, OneTel and Freeserve.

Am I biased?

David.

Reply to
David F.

Who cares! Two things bring out the whiners, a new Kato Loco and an AOL post.

Reply to
MrRathburne

Oh God, NO!! - NOT the KATO - anything but that !!??

I surrender, enough, ENOUGH!!

David. ~{ 8-0

Reply to
David F.