Best H0 system for newcomer?

Where did I use the word really in that last sentence you responded to?

Absolutely - and the profits pay for better equipment ... I figure by

2057 I'll actually make a taxable profit!
Reply to
Greg Procter

Heljan is steadily turning out new models - I'm guessing that many of those Walthers short runs are from Heljan and they are making their presence felt in the UK market 1with high quality models that are competitive with Chinese products. They are even doing a few models for the Danish market!

Reply to
Greg Procter

It's not scholarly enough to be pedantic. "Cottage industries" describes the size/scale/magnitude of the effort not the category of the effort.

"I produce a few items ...", that's what a manufacturer does. If the only employee is the owner (even if the wages aren't what one might call a living wage) it makes no difference. So Greg, the manufacturer, employees himself, the artisan. Since it is on a small scale, and presumably, occurs in ones home/cottage (or out buildings that aren't zoned for industry), it could be thought of as a "cottage industry".

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Reply to
curtmchere

Actually you are wrong. You are a reseller if you do that. Please try to stick to subjects you know such as sockpuppets.

On Feb 19, 9:33?pm, STEVE CAPLErote:

Reply to
curtmchere

Now that Hornby has taken over, where is Rivarossi produced? I assume the factory in Italy closed years ago and I think the Yugoslavian plant got destroyed in the war.

I think for a while some of Electrotren's products were winding up here in North America, but I think they were all European prototype equipment.

Reply to
gl4316

From what I read, Hornby bundled everything off to China. Most items need some retooling to some degree to fit new Chinese motors etc etc but I think some Rivarossi must be in US shops by now.

Trains, yes, but they also do accessories and those probably end up in the US with US labels.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I was thinking they had some figures or automobiles or structures that wound up here, but I couldn't find any of that listed on their web site.

Reply to
gl4316

Slowly the memory is coming back. I think it was some working streetlights or traffic signals or some such that I saw here in the USA with the Electrotren name on the package, but that must have been about 10 years ago now.

Reply to
gl4316