Boxcar Search - w/ ATSF LOGO

Hey Folks,

Might someone know of a manufacturer that makes/sells an [HO Scale boxcar] that is 40' long, yellow, and has the large, circular, Santa Fe logo on the sides?

I thought I found it when I ordered the Athearn [140-1608] boxcar [pictured on the Athearn website under 'rolling stock'. It ended up being orange, not yellow. Otherwise, this was the exact look that I am searching for.

Thanks So Much! Matt Brennan

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

Interesting. In 51 years, I don't believe I've ever seen ANYTHING Santa Fe painted yellow. Tons of orange reefers, but nothing yellow.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

I hope this isn't what you're talking about; it's bogus:

Brian Paul Ehni

This is not it. I can see how that would be bogus.

The images I am referring to are plugdoor reefers. They have black ends, a black roof, and [I thought/think ???] yellow sides with the large, circular, Santa Fe logo. Three of these cars are shown on p. 40 in Great Model Railroads 2004. A single car is shown, again, on p. 44 in the same article.

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

What you're describing certainly sounds like orange ATSF reefers. Possibly due to lighting on the layout they look yellow.

How about this? Be sure to get the whole UYRL, as it wrapped.

Brian Paul Ehni

Orange in my issue--there are four of them--three are somewhat faded. The F unit in the foreground is blue and yellow. The car on page 44 is also orange in my issue.

I wonder if your issue had a problem with one of the printing colors.

Bruce West Main Street Heritage Models

Toss "wospam" to e-mail

Reply to
MainStHtge

Intermountain makes exact ATSF prototype cars in authentic schemes, and would be my first choice. Athearn paints its PFE-style reefer in ATSF schemes, but they are not the correct car. C&BT shops made a another ATSF style car, but the Intermountain is better.

I'm not sure if anyone makes the exact one (with plug door) you are looking for, except as a resin kit; the Sunshine Models #43.1 thru 43.4 are all plug door with various differences. Go to:

And click on the "All Time List of Sunshine Models Kits" link for a pdf.

This link will give you the contact info for Sunshine:

Brian Paul Ehni

Mine Too! Thanks Brian. I will look to Intermountain to fill this need.

Thanks So Much for all of your assistance!!!

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

Reply to
res0xur8