Ulrich is back!

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

I just saw an ad in Scale Rails: The NMRA Bulletin, for Ulrich. A web site;

was listed. I went there and saw the beginnings of an ambitious re-birth of the product line.

What are your thoughts?

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

The gondola car looks impressive, and its feature's list certainly matches its quality appearance. Would these eventually be available through the Walthers catalog?

Reply to
Matt & Kathleen Brennan

One would hope. You might try contacting Ulrich or Walthers directly.

I work in a hobby shop, but it isn't Walthers.

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

Frank A. Rosenbaum

Old news. The site hasn't been updated in months. There was a question here just this week about when/if they were going to make it back to market with the gondola.

FWIW, I saw an ad this week for two tractor/trailer rigs, so maybe there is some movement in that glacier.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:31:14 GMT, "Frank A. Rosenbaum" mumbled incoherently:

Nostalgia, mostly. I loved those cast metal cars they made years ago. They rode well, especially the drop bottom gons. I suppose the new models will be plastic though.

Ken (NY) Chairman, Department Of Redundancy Department ___________________________________ email:

"Part of the solution for the environmental crisis may well lie in our ability to achieve a better balance between the sexes." -Al Gore, 'Earth In The Balance' page 213

Q: What the hardest thing about rollerblading? A: Telling your parents you?re gay.

spammers can send mail to snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov

Reply to
Ken [NY)

Nope; still cast metal, but with separate grabs, etc.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

They supposedly started up again a little over a year or so ago, originally with the tractor trailers, with freight cars to follow.

I'd be glad to see them back, but they seemed a bit pricey, selling for almost more than originals are going for in the collector market.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

...And Kadee trucks and couplers. They must be redoing the dies because the web page mentions #5 Kadees while the original draft gear used #4s.

Reply to
Rick Jones

``````` I saw this site, too. . .a couple years ago!

Nice to see that something besides the beer truck, as nice as it is, is FINALLY about to be released (hopefully). IIRC, he was supposed to email those who expressed interest, when other releases became available . . . I'm still waiting!

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (In North Central, Illinois - *USA*)

Reply to
Paul K - The CB&Q Guy