BWL M1B Decoder/Operation problems

Our club decided to go with these because of the great sound. Purchased the 1st M1B and found it was completely dead. Returned it and replaced it with one tested to confirm operation. Last Sunday I put it on my system to show my granddaughter, it worked fine.

Tuesday I put it on the club layout using NCE system. Tried to set the Cab ID number only. Next thing I new it was not running. After figuring out they added screws to the tender (paperwork says it was press fit) I powered down pulled the reset jumper, powered up. The whistle gave 2 blast the bell began ringing and the steam sounds began. Powered down, installed jumper, powered up and nothing. ID 3 would not run the engine and there is no sound. I am trying to get hold of QSI, but thought someone here may be able to shed so light before tuesday.

Also, sometime back there was a work around for the decoder limitation (I think the disabled Cruise control). I would like that reposted also if someone has that.

Thanks for any help!

Ron Gardner WNB RR Hist. Soc.

Reply to
Ronald Gardner