Can Bachmann's HO EZ-track be used on carpet

Can Bachmann's HO EZ-track be used on a berber carpet or do I need to place the set on a board?

Many thanks.

Reply to
NoSpam99989

Yes, but I wouldn't do it often. Stray hair, carpet fuzz, etc can get into the engines even when they are elevated above the carpet by the plastic roadbed. You can reduce the danger by giving the carpet a good vacuuming first. I've used EZ track several times on a tight-weave commercial style carpet in my den, though. Such carpet seems to be less fuzzy than wool carpets.

HTH&HF

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir