CF7's

I know that Santa Fe had CF7's. Did the Southern Pacific have any?? TIA for your help.

Reply to
John Zelinsky

No, Southern Pacific did not have any.

They were originally "kitbashed' by Santa Fe from their older F7 units.

Many of them would up on shortlines when AT&SF sold them off.

I forget the name/author of the book, but there IS a book (profusely illustrated) on the building and history of the CF7's and it shows a lot of the subsequent owners. It is a fairly recent book, my local model rail shop has one on the shelves.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins

John=A0Zelinsky wrote: I know that Santa Fe had CF7's. Did the Southern Pacific have any?? TIA for your help.

---------------------------------------------------- Here's a good site:

The first CF7 I saw was back in 1991 when Amtrak acquired one (or some). It was at Ivy City (Washington, DC) still painted in SF colors. Later, I saw it in Amtrak Platinum Mist. An impressive locomotive!

History of N Scale:
Links to over 600 helpful sites:

Bill

Steve=A0Hoskins wrote: I forget the name/author of the book, but there IS a book (profusely illustrated) on the building and history of the CF7's and it shows a lot of the subsequent owners. It is a fairly recent book, my local model rail shop has one on the shelves.

--------------------------------------------------- I believe this might be the book, "CF7 Locomotives: From Cleburne to Everywhere" published by TRP:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 600 helpful sites:

Bill