CF7's

I know that Santa Fe had CF7's. Did the Southern Pacific have any?? TIA for your help.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:39:30 -0400, "John Zelinsky"

No, Southern Pacific did not have any.
They were originally "kitbashed' by Santa Fe from their older F7 units.
Many of them would up on shortlines when AT&SF sold them off.
I forget the name/author of the book, but there IS a book (profusely illustrated) on the building and history of the CF7's and it shows a lot of the subsequent owners. It is a fairly recent book, my local model rail shop has one on the shelves.
SteveHoskins wrote: I forget the name/author of the book, but there IS a book (profusely illustrated) on the building and history of the CF7's and it shows a lot of the subsequent owners. It is a fairly recent book, my local model rail shop has one on the shelves.
--------------------------------------------------- I believe this might be the book, "CF7 Locomotives: From Cleburne to Everywhere" published by TRP: http://www.alco628.com/wizzy.html
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Resources: Links to over 600 helpful sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links Bookstore: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore.html
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:32:05 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bill) wrote :

That's it!!
Thanks, Bill!!
JohnZelinsky wrote: I know that Santa Fe had CF7's. Did the Southern Pacific have any?? TIA for your help. ---------------------------------------------------- Here's a good site: http://members.aol.com/JFuhrtrain01/CF7frames/CF7photos.htm
The first CF7 I saw was back in 1991 when Amtrak acquired one (or some). It was at Ivy City (Washington, DC) still painted in SF colors. Later, I saw it in Amtrak Platinum Mist. An impressive locomotive!