Colours for Intercolonial Railway of Canada freight cars

It has been a long time since I looked in here; in fact, after John Dalton passed away, I lost my major incentive to browse RMR. I still
miss his sense of humour and wisdom.
I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. CDS lettering for ICR 36' boxcars indicates boxcar red, however, there are some model photos from past magazine articles in which they are a dark (pullman?) green. Does anyone here know what the appropriate colour might be? The railway existed until 1918 and I suspect that they did use some more vibrant colours as did many of the US roads in the 1860's to 1890's.
Thanks
Ian in Yellowknife