Concept Car For Train Guys

Has anyone seen the Ford concept introduced in Detroit today? Its the Ford F250 Super Chief. Its design is supposed to be inspired by the locomotives used by the train.

(links to AutoWeek Detroit Auto Show coverage)

RLM

Reply to
RLM

It ain't long enough, tall enough and it ain't got enough wheels! Funny isn't it, 60 years ago they were trying to make trains that looked like cars.

Les Pickstock

Same old, same old. The "Biff Bimbo, Steroid Abuser" school of automotve styling. If it had rear quarter windows, it would probably have a "rising belt line" making them next to useless.

Does it come with a cell phone?

Reply to
Steve Caple

What the heck do we need an "automated ottoman" in a car for???

I am surprised that BNSF hasn't tried to sue Ford for the use of the super chief name.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

It would look *a little* better if it were painted in a warbonnet scheme...

Reply to
mark_newton

"Frank Rosenbaum" wrote

So there's one more thing to Fix Or Repair Daily ??

Search of trademarks at uspto.gov seems to indicate "Super Chief" is not registered in any railroad sense. Even so, would probably not prevent Ford using it for an automobile name. And, wouldn't Amtrack be the holder of the trademark now?

Val

Reply to
VManes

Let me be the first to say how ugly that truck is.

Reply to
Patrick McFarland

I would if I could, but I beat you by just shy of three hours.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:37:03 -0600, RLM purred

With those "tank slit" windows it looks more like a truck version of the H2 or those things like the Magnum built by Dodge.

cat

Reply to
cat

In name only is this for train buffs. I mean just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me doesn't make me king...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

You aren't the first cause everyone who sees it has said it...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

I like these much better........

Its different but I like these much better........

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

Like the Aerotrain? (Somehow, I can't help feeling that GM deliberately sabotaged that one -- why design a better intercity passenger train that will sell a few hundred max, when instead you can sell millions of cars so each and every family can drive themselves?)

-- Kizhe

Reply to
Lt. Kizhe Catson

Forget those pathetic offerings go for this one

Keith

Reply to
Keith

It looks like its design was inspired by a garbage truck, not a train.

Reply to
video guy - www.locoworks.com

Wonder if Ford paid BNSF for the rights to the name.... It is a direct reference....

Reply to
lars

Keith, Some how I got my link to the CTX at the bottom of my post. You are right. This is a real truck.

Bruce Favinger

To me it looks like a pickup truck pimp-mobile.

raydunakin