Does anyone use the Bachmann E-Z DCC system

I have decided to go to DCC on my new HO layout. I know the E-Z system is very limited.. The price, ease of use are very appealing. But I would like to hear from some one who has been using it for a while. Thanks, Don Altenberger

Reply to
Dori

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Bach Man Phorum might have some information:

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

BillsRREmpire

I purchased the Bachmann controller in December, using it with an Atlas factory-equipped DCC loco. I have zero complaints thus far. This is my first DCC experience, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it beats the old DC stuff hands-down. I don't have anything sound-equipped or with extra functions, so I haven't run into those sort of limitations yet. For moving trains forward/backward, it's doing that perfectly.

Reply to
tracy.mckibben

Thanks for the link. I went over there and posted a message. But I would still like to hear from someone here if they use it. I trust this groups opinion and integrity.

Don

Reply to
Dori

Don, If low initial price is *all* you're interested in, and you know for sure that you'll *never* want or need to expand or upgrade past it's basic abilities, get the EZ.

The MRC PE and PA are a little better, in that they do have *some* expansion capability, but on the other hand they are still have their limits and they cost more than the EZ.

Best bet is the Digitrax Zephyr. It's priced between the PE and the PA, and with LocoNet, future expansion and abilities are much less limited.

Stevert

Reply to
Stevert