EMD NW-2

What size wheels did these typically run on?

40"?

I suspect that the wheels on my NW-2 are undersize. They scale about 33", and I want to replace them with the correct size.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Small

Yes.

You will have to adjust coupler height, too, I think. The loco will ride about 1mm higher with the 40" wheels.

BTW, I would use a caliper to measure the wheels on your model - eyeballing their size against a scale rule won't be very accurate.

HTH&GL

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir