Question Atlas shay N scale

Has anyone seen the new atlas shay? how does it run? where is a good place to buy one

thanks

Dave

Reply to
dsimon55

Haven't seen in Down Under in Australia yet - dying to see it and get my fingers on one.

Reply to
AlcoRS2

I've seen it, but not seen it run. It looks decent ... It's a model of an unusually large two-truck Shay (there were some such). The Shay drive-line looks pretty good. A large gearbox (?, or whatever) hangs down under to loco and looks like a much oversized ash pan. That's NOT good looking, but it's not awful. While it's a big Shay, there's really not a lot of room inside it. Perhaps that's the price needed to get a decent mechanism in an N-scale Shay.

PFM did a model of a similar loco in HO brass a long time ago.

Dan Mitchell ============

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell