FA: Lionel Train Set, c. 50-60s, Exc

Lionel Train Set, c. 50-60s, Exc

This 1950-60s Lionel Train Set is in excellent condition. It has the Locomotive and 5 different cars. It includes train, track, transformer, booklets and many accessories. The set includes the Steam Locomotive Engine (#243-1) in box, Coal Tender Car (#243W) in box, Flat Car w/ range Patrol Truck (#6151) in box, Canister Box Car (#6112-85) in box, Allis Chalmers Car (#6519) no box, and Caboose (#6017) in box. Also included is 20 curved track, 25 straight track, 1 bumper track, 90 degree crossing track in box (#1020), 1 box of track clip (#6-2901), 1 box remote control operating track, 1 set of bridge supports (Trestle Set) with manual, 1 cardboard unseparated set of Billboards (5/set), 1 cardboard set of Billboards (separated), transformer (type 1015, 45 watt, 120 V, 60 cycle), 1959 Lionel Operations Catalogue (64 pages), Instructions sheet for #243 Locomotive (4 page), telephone poles, people, and more.

The set is in overall excellent condition. The plastic range patrol car of the Flat Car (#6151) has dog chew marks at the backside hatch of the patrol car, but there is no other damage or missing pieces to any of the other cars. I have taken several pictures to show all that is included. If you need any additional pictures to show more detail, email me and I will provide them.

To see pictures, please view at:

fishnet531

That's an ultra cheap set not worth your starting bid. S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster" "No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Reply to
SAIL LOCO

Then what would the following be worth? Two cents, a nickel? Would I have to pay somebody a few bucks to take it off my hands? It always seems that whatever you have to sell is worthless, and whatever you want is priceless. I'm looking to sell this to somebody local, two people are interested in it, and I don't know what price to put on it.

**************************************** 1 - Lionel 2-4-2 Steam #242 with Lionel Lines tender, (runs)
1 - Marx 0-4-0 Steam Switcher #400, (runs)
1 - Mark NYC #588 Diesel Switcher, (runs)
1 - Lehigh Valley Hopper (red with white lettering)
1 - Cities Service Tanker, (green with white lettering)
1 - Caboose (red, offset cupola, no lettering)
8 - Lionel O-27 curved track (completes 1 circle) 2 - Lionel straight track
Marx Transformer (works)
I also have a few extra things, telephone poles (~ 12, intact), billboards, etc.

Other than the brief test run I did a few days ago, this set hasn?t been run since ~1965. The Marx couplers do not mate with the Lionel cars.

Mac Breck

Mac wrote: Then what would the following be worth? Two cents, a nickel? Would I have to pay somebody a few bucks to take it off my hands? It always seems that whatever you have to sell is worthless, and whatever you want is priceless. I'm looking to sell this to somebody local, two people are interested in it, and I don't know what price to put on it.

-------------------------------------------------- Charles Siegel has an on-line price guide that might help:

If you have several items that you want to find the value of, you might want to purchase a Greenberg's 2004 Lionel Pocket Price Guide:

And a Greenberg's Marx Trains Pocket Price Guide:

These are inexpensive books and up to 30% off list plus free shipping on orders over $25.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Thanks for the info!

I went back to ebay and found a lot of five of these locomotives for sale with a starting bid of $9.99 and $12.50 for shipping. A little steep to say the least.

I was disappointed because I thought it was a rare Maisto issue. You couldn't tell the difference in size from the picture.

Now that I know where it came from, it might be interesting to see if I can find the rest of them. Do you know if these trains came in packages?

There is a lot of six cars for sale at eBay. A tank car, a covered hopper, a box car, a gondola and a "cannister" car. Are these part of the set?

Item number: 3184828063

of the Month Club along with 6 or 7 other knock-offs of N

usually bought by naive newbies.

Reply to
wade-kiki

Yes, an almost perfect example of naive newbie bidders. Look at the high bidder's history. He paid $27.50 for this lot of used Bachmann N scale trucks -- virtually worthless, arguably worth $2.00 at most.

NorthPolePostmaster

wade-kiki wrote: Do you know if these trains came in packages?

------------------------------------------------- The locomotive caem in a printed cardboard box with a vacuum formed nest. I don't know about the cars.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

bidder's history. He paid

arguably worth $2.00 at most.

One man's trash is another man's treasure I guess.

Reply to
Steve Hoskins