freight car routing

I have a small layout that I have been working on for awhile now, and I would like to experiment with car routing procedures. I have heard of the car card routing system but I don't know much about it or seen it work in action. Is there a good web site that describes different approaches to freight car routing for model trains? I would prefer to use a an approach that has a good balance between being realistic, but not overly complicated, time consuming to set up, or expensive. If someone knows about shareware routing software, that would be good to know about also. Thank you!

Reply to
OscarL

"> I have a small layout that I have been working on for awhile now, and I "> would like to experiment with car routing procedures. I have heard of "> the car card routing system but I don't know much about it or seen it "> work in action. Is there a good web site that describes different "> approaches to freight car routing for model trains? I would prefer to "> use a an approach that has a good balance between being realistic, but "> not overly complicated, time consuming to set up, or expensive. If "> someone knows about shareware routing software, that would be good to "> know about also. Thank you!

Included in Deepwoods Software is an OSS cross-platform Freight Car Forwarder program, based on Tim O'Conners QBASIC program.

You'll need Tcl/Tk, available for most OSs from
"> ">

\/ Robert Heller ||InterNet: snipped-for-privacy@deepsoft.com

||FidoNet: 1:321/153
/\

Reply to
Robert Heller

A good description of the "traditional" paper car card system can be found at:

Geezer

Reply to
Geezer

Here's a Yahoo! Group you might be interested in:

"Paul - The CB&Q Guy" Modeling 1960's In HO.

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy